15.8.14

BOOK REVIEW: Making Marion by Beth Moran

Marion came to Nottinghamshire to discover her father's mysterious past, but all she has to go on is a picture of her father dressed up, it would seem, as Robin Hood.
Whilst looking for somewhere to stay, she somehow finds herself on the wrong side of the reception desk at the Peace and Pigs camp site and despite her horrible shyness, promptly lands herself a job.
It takes Marion all she's got to come out of her shell and get to grips with life on a busy camp site, where the chickens seem determined to hinder her and an unfortunate incident with a runaway bike throws her into the arms of the beautiful, but deeply unimpressed Reuben. However, Marion's would-be boyfriend Jake and Reuben's stunning fiancee Erica seem intent on thwarting any hint of romance between the two of them.
Can she really find peace and perhaps even love amongst the pigs?

Publisher: Lion Fiction
Pages: 316 

I am going to be completely honest, when I saw the front cover of this book I was expecting a very twee and cheesy read. However I was pleasantly surprised to discover a particularly warm hearted and thought provoking read.
Marion is shy and I mean seriously shy, she was pretty much mute as a young child. She has to employ extreme courage when she accidentally gets a job at the Peace and Pigs camp site in Sherwood Forest. Marion is there in search of her father, a mysterious figure who she knows nothing about. Instead she is employed by the extremely glamorous and lovable Scarlett who takes her under her wing. Marion very much becomes one of the family and we see her blossom. Marion was focused on looking for her father when she set out so she was completely unprepared for Reuben, the son of the local Lord and Lady of the manor who she literally bumps into. Reuben already has a fiancee though and Marion already has an admirer at the camp site but will true love win?
Making Marion is a lovely read, I found myself rooting for Marion and I so wanted her to find her voice and be happy. I would highly recommend this book.

Many thanks to Midas PR for sending me a review copy of the book, it is out now. 

No comments:

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...