11.7.12

Book Review: White Wedding by Milly Johnson

They met on the search for the wedding dress of their dreams. But will they find more than they bargained for?
Heir to a chocolate dynasty, Bel is in the midst of planning her perfect wedding to Richard, the love of her life, when disaster strikes and everything she held dear starts to fall apart.
Ice-cream parlour owner Violet is engaged to Glyn though she fell out of love with him long ago. But, unhappy though she is, somehow she can't quite shake her childhood dream of a big fairy-tale wedding with all the trimmings.
All three women are brought together at the White Wedding bridal shop, on the search for the perfect dress for their big day. Its owner Freya guarantees that her gowns will bring them happiness though maybe not in quite the way they expected...
Milly Johnson has done it again, I really enjoyed this book and flew through the pages.
The story revolves around Bel, Max and Violet who all met at the White Wedding bridal shop when looking for their perfect wedding dresses.
Bel is heir to a chocolate dynasty but is in no way a spoilt rich girl.She is all set to marry Richard who appears to be the perfect groom. But when Bel discovers some skeletons in Richard's closet, she may have to rethink her wedding plans.
Max and Stuart have been together for seventeen years so getting married is more a formality than a romantic occasion. But when Max sees My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on the TV, she is soon dreaming of big princess dresses and cakes in the shape of castles.
Violet is engaged to agoraphobic Glyn and rather than being excited about her upcoming nuptials, she is almost just going through the motions. Violet throws herself into her new ice-cream parlour business, especially the handsome artist she is paying to help her decorate.
I think my favourite aspect of Milly Johnson's books are the wonderful characters that she creates. I really took to Bel, Max and Violet and I wanted them to all have their own happy ending. Their friendship grows as they get to know each other, proving that men can come and go but you can always rely on your best mates.
As usual, Milly Johnson writes with a lot of humour and warmth. I loved the My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding aspect of the book; I am a big fan of the show and it was a lot of fun reading about Max's extravagant plans.
White Wedding is a great book about love, life, friendship and really big wedding dresses. I highly recommend this book, Milly Johnson never fails to entertain.

Dot Scribbles Rating 5/5

Many thanks to Simon and Schuster for sending me a copy of White Wedding to review, it is out now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this book as I have all the others they make compulsive reading. In fact I dont even read the book description any more I just go ahead & pre-order knowing the book will be just as amazing as the one before. I can't praise Milly Johnsons books enough...Just fab!!

zerry ht said...

I am getting married in a ‘white wedding’ way in one of the prettiest wedding venues NYC this year. I loved this book and I am so much taken away with it that I wish my wedding also has some of the happening things just like in the book.

All change here!

I have made the decision to stop doing written reviews on here for a little while. I shall keep this page open but for the time being I sha...